Friday, December 6, 2013

Remember to Enjoy the Journey...

To learn more about Isagenix and how to make your own health and wealth transformation please click on my website below.

Good morning peeps!! So this isn't really a Fantabulous Friday post since it's not fantabulous news but I needed to go ahead and make it official. Even though what I'm about to say I'm not happy about I know that it's up to me to decide how I'm going to feel about any situation, so I'm going to make this a Fantabulous Friday anyway. Yea!!  :) 

After spending the last several weeks trying to figure out what was going on with my knee I have decided to cancel running the Jacksonville Marathon. Although it's a tough decision I know its the right one for me. I've cancelled a marathon before because of an injury and sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. It turns out whatever is going on with my knee is more serious than what I first thought because as of today I still cannot run a mile; actually I can't even run 100 yards without feeling significant pain. 

Over the last 3 weeks what I realized though was that I was so consumed with running a great race in Jacksonville that would prepare me for a Boston Qualifier next year that I totally forgot to enjoy the journey. I didn't practice what I preach. I missed out on sooooo many races during the year when I was in great shape and probably could have racked up some PR's!! I realize now that  I lost a whole year of racing preparing for one race that I'm now not going to be able to run. 

The one thing I know about life is that life's lessons will continue to repeat themselves until the lesson is learned. One of the highest forms of intelligence is to be able to learn from your mistakes. So I'm taking my lesson and I'm learning from it. I'm shutting it down for this year and getting healthy. I don't know how long it's going to take but I'm going to do whatever I need to do to get myself back out there running again because that's who I am and that's what I love to do...

Racing is what I do


And next year.... watch out because I'm going to be running everything in sight, 5k's,10k's , triathlons, I might even through some trail races in there for good measure!! lolol  No matter what I'm going to truly enjoy racing again in 2014 and if God willing I will be back to grace that start line for the Jacksonville marathon next year even more prepared and ready to smash that Boston Qualifier. Yea!! :) 

So have you ever had a major setback or disappointment because of an injury? How did you handle it??

This is TY signing off for now. As always allow the Universe to work in your favor and be blessed... :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment