Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend recap Tedx Tampa Bay

To learn more about Isagenix and how to make your own health and wealth transformation please click on my website below.

Wow what a great weekend I had. So let’s get right to it. First and foremost I was woefully wrong on my prediction for Friday. If you remember from this post I thought Amy was taking me to the beach in Venice… Well that didn’t happen.
However we did something even more amazing. We attended TEDx Tampa Bay. Yea!! For those of you not familiar with TEDx here’s the run down. Directly from the official page…
At TEDx events, a screening of TED Talks videos -- or a combination of live presenters and TED Talks videos -- sparks deep conversation and connections. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis.
The content and design of each TEDx event is unique and developed independently, but all TEDx events have several features in common.
  • TED's celebrated format: A suite of short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances (given live, or through TED Talks from TED.com) on a wide range of subjects to foster learning, inspiration and wonder -- and to provoke conversations that matter
  • TED Talks videos: A minimum of two pre-recorded talks from the acclaimed TED Talks video series (these talks are available free on TED.com)
  • Bias-free programming: Lack of any commercial, religious or political agenda

Here's a pic of Amy and I hanging our before the show...
Amy and I in front of the Palladium pre event.


The event had so many diverse speakers and I truly enjoyed them all. To name a few standouts I must say the 16 year old, Abigail Harrison who is going to be an Astronaut was one of them. She was so poised and gave a great presentation about following your dreams. 


16 year old future astronaut Abigail Harrison on stage



The Touch group from USF who are a full band made up of only Ipads. They rocked!! 



Dr. Csilla Ari who spoke about preserving the Manta Rays. I learned a lot about Manta Rays. They are amazing animals. They can change color daily. Did you know that??? :) 


Tracy Locke, from Tampa Bay Bloggers gave a great presentation on her 12 month experiment on growing without growing. Great quote she used from her daughter who told her that her day was made every day when she wakes in the morning. Very Powerful!!


Tracey doing her thing


The smooth sounds of "The New Math" Great music with a truly unique sound... 


The New Math rocking the stage.


The drum circle presentation by Drum Connection Tampa Bay was the best!! Great presentation by these 3 ladies. Katherine Robinson and Sally Robinson along with the Grandmother as well. Three generations of drummers in the family. Awesome!!   Somehow I ended up on stage with them.. How did that happen??? Lolol  

 
Katherine Robinson and Sally Robinson



On stage drumming!! 


On stage with the drum circle. Katherine Robinson up front and that's me over there behind Grandma... :) 



I must say it was the most fun ever and I have aspirations to be in the next TEDx Tampa Bay. Look out!! Congrats to all the presenters. Awesome job!!

Here are some more pics from the event.
Me chillin pre event outside the Palladium



Amy really likes her "Sunny Bird"... lol


Amy and I on lunch break


The time is NOW...




Me ready to get started


Before the event


As for training I had an absolutely wonderful 18 mile long run on Saturday. 18 miles at an 8:48 pace. Weather was great although a bit windy. I’m really feeling confident about my training so far and things are clicking and going in the right direction. I took an E+ energy shot before the run and washed the miles down with 2 chocolate Isalean shakes.

So how was your weekend?? Have you ever been to a TEDx event??


This is TY signing off for now. As always allow the Universe to work in your favor and be blessed…




No comments :

Post a Comment