Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend recap and Iron Man Triathlon Championships

To learn more about Isagenix and how to make your own health and wealth transformation please click on my website below.

Good morning all and happy Monday to ya!! I'm sure you all are ripping and ready to go for another week. Yes??? :)  I had an amazing weekend and I'm going to share it with you in this post. So here goes...

Friday after work I got my traditional General Tso's chicken for my pre race or long run meal. Yes I said it and it is awesome. Hey don't knock til you've tried it... Friday night Amy and I watched World War Z at home and just relaxed. It was a pretty good movie. Had the whole Zombie thing going on.

Saturday morning I got up at 4:30 am to head out to Fit Niche in Hyde park to meet up with my running group the Blue Sharks. Met up with B.S from  Discombobulated Running  and got to chat it up with a few other people before heading out. My schedule was 16 miles with 10 @ marathon pace which is an 8 min per mile pace for me.

So we headed out at 5:30 am sharp. My first two miles were warm up miles and then I got into my rhythm and started my pace miles. The weather was perfect out this morning. Maybe 67 degrees or so with little wind. I nailed my pace miles and had plenty left in the tank. This was def my best run of the marathon training cycle so far. I loved every minute of it. Funny thing is when I got back to my car and I was checking my mile splits I realized I had only run 9 miles at pace instead of 10. Somehow in my run euphoria I missed a mile. lolol So now I"m back to my car and I'm stretching and about to take it to the house. I down my Chocolate Isalean shake and get ready to get in my car but I just couldn't do it. It was eating me up so bad that I skipped that mile that I went back out and ran another mile at 7:57 pace just to make up for it. I know I'm crazy like that, but it sure made me feel better. All in all I put in 17 miles at an 8:35 pace. I can really tell the E + Energy shot I'm taking right before my long runs is paying off. Yea!!

After the run I chilled the rest of the day and was thrilled to see that the Ironman World championships were being shown via live feed on the internet.  Yea!!. It was awesome to see the pros in action. Congrats to Frederik Van Lierde for winning the Men's race in 8:12:29.  And congrats to Mirinda Carfrae for winning the Women's race in 8:52:14. I don't know about you but did anyone see MIrinda running the marathon. She went bananas on that course!! If you didn't know any better you would have thought she was running a 10k or something. She ran the marathon portion in 2:50:35. That is insane!!

So I  watched about 9 hours of the Ironman World Championships on Saturday. Congrats to all of the participants who raced on Saturday. What an amazing accomplishment!!After several hours of Ironman watching Amy cooked an amazingly healthy dinner with salmon,, spinach and sweet potatoes... Hmmm... :)

Sunday was a relaxing day. Spent the morning at my spiritual Community Unity of North Tampa where I play in the band and also help teach the Y.O.U. group. And I will be leading worship next Sunday so I'm super excited about that!!  After that we were off to watch some football where the Bucs unfortunately loss again... :(  It's alright, we're going to start calling this a rebuilding year.... Sunday evening Amy and I went for one of our beautiful Sunday bike rides through the neighborhood. It was a nice cap to a great weekend.

So what about you.. how was your weekend?? Did you get a chance to watch any of the Ironman World championships this weekend??

This is TY signing off and as always... Allow the Universe to work in your favor and be blessed... :)



No comments :

Post a Comment