Monday, October 7, 2013

Marathon training month review

To learn more about Isagenix and how to make your own health and wealth transformation please click on my website below.


I'm baaaaack!!! Wow it's been a minute since I posted a blog and I feel like I have so much to catch up on!! First of all Happy Monday to you all. It's raining outside here in Tampa, my car battery died yesterday however it's still a beautiful day, cuz I said so... Life is all about perspective... :) So this post I'm going to do my best to get caught up with my first month of marathon training. Or as we like to call it " Mesocycle One - Endurance"!! ( insert Sunday Night Football Night in America voice lolol ) Yea!! It's been tough but I can def see the progression as the miles go up and my body responds...

Week 1: I ran a total of 33 miles. Highlights of the week were my first training run; 8 miles with 4 miles at tempo pace. I was very happy with how I held the tempo pace for those four miles especially at the beginning of my training. The other highlight of the week was my 12 mile Medium Long Run. This run just felt good and I enjoyed it. It was also nice to be finishing my Isagenix 9 day Cleanse right after this run.   .  Food!! Nom,Nom,Nom.... ( Side note.. Hard boiled eggs are the best thing ever; just take my word for it...)

Week 2: I ran a total of 36 miles. Highlight of this week had to be my long run on Saturday 9/21/13 when I ran 13 miles with 8 miles at tempo pace. Solid run and I felt great about my tempo miles. Love running with my running group The Blue Sharks, out on Davis Island. Yea!! :)

Week 3: I ran 35.5 miles. Replaced a 4 mile recovery run with a 12 mile ride during this week that was greatly needed. I could tell my legs were feeling a little weak and they needed the break. This week was my toughest week. Did not have a good tempo run on Thursday 9/26/13. Had to cut it short and it was just overall not a good day for me. Highlights of this week was  a solid 14 miler on Saturday and my easy ride around the loop with Amy on Sunday. I love our Sunday rides... :)

Week 4: I ran 42 miles. This was my best week of training. I can really feel the build up and how I"m getting stronger week to week. Highlight of this week was my 15 miler on Saturday 10/5/13. I was in total control of the run and new I could have gone farther and faster if I wanted to... :) In addition Amy completed her Isagenix 9 day Cleanse this weekend as well with great success. I'm so proud of her!! I will let her post about the details on another post... Great job baby!!! :)

Monthly totals of 146.5 miles.19,970 calories burned with an average heart rate of 148 bpm. Not too shabby for the first month...

So tomorrow starts month number two of marathon training. Still in Mesocycle One - Endurance!! ( insert Sunday Night Football Night in America Voice again)  for another 2 weeks. This coming week will be a tough week. Mileage goes up to 45 miles for the week and this weekend's long run is 16 miles with 10 @ pace!! Ouch!! I'm ready though... The following week it will be a recovery week where my mileage goes down to 37 miles. I'm so looking forward to my recovery week. After that we go into "Mesocyle Two - Lactate Threshold & Endurance!!" ( And again the Sunday night Football Night in America voice :) )  That just sounds hard doesn't it?? lolol

So what cycle are you in for your marathon training?? Tons of people are doing Fall marathons. What race are you training for??

This is TY signing off for now. As always... Allow the Universe to work in your favor and be blessed... :)



2 comments :

  1. What training plan are you using? Great job on the long run and adding in speed. I need to do that but I figure I can just keep trying to negative spit at the end for some pick ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey B.S. :) I'm using a plan out of Advanced Marathoning (Second Addition) I'm using the " up to 55 miles per week plan. They are really big on running more miles and adding speed work into your miles. No track sessions on this plan... :)

    ReplyDelete