Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week in Review - 9 day cleanse results

To learn more about Isagenix and how to make your own health and wealth transformation please click on my website below.


Hello all and yes I’m back. I survived the 9 day cleanse and had an awesome first week of marathon training. In today’s post I will recap my Cleanse and share how my first week of training went. So here we go…

The Cleanse: I completed my full 9 day cleanse. I must say I’ve never done a cleanse before but I’m very happy with the results. I feel heathier and happier. One thing that I learned while completing the cleanse is that on cleanse days I’m able to eat a hard boiled egg for a snack. That was a revelation on my last 2 cleanse days and really saved me. I was so grateful for those eggs… Bottom line results.. I lost 10 pounds!! I’m excited about that because 165 lbs is a great weight for me for marathon running. Stay tuned for pics to follow.

Last week was the official kick off to my marathon training cycle for the Jacksonville marathon. I must say I feel super confident and ready for this race. Here’s my week’s workout results.

Monday 9/9/13: Lactate threshold run. 8 miles with 4 miles at Threshold pace. This was a tough run however outside of the long run threshold runs are the most important part of a marathon training cycle. I ran my threshold miles at about a 7:55 pace which is good, for now. That needs to go down to 7:40 or so as my training and fitness increase. Recovery drink was an Isalean Pro chocolate shake. It was a great start to the week.

Tuesday 9/10/13: 12 mile ride. Cross training. Love it!! Recovery drink was an Isalean Pro Vanilla shake. Note to self don’t try to video tape your ride by holding the camera in your hand while riding; it doesn't turn out that well… I did however find a great video on youtube that explains how to create your own camera mount for your bike. Yes!!



Wednesday 9/11/13: 9 mile General Aerobic Run. This run is done at about 15-25% slower than goal marathon pace.  Felt great and I enjoyed it. Recovery drink was Isalean Pro chocolate shake

Thursday 9/12/13: 4 mile Recovery. Recovery runs are done at about 76% of maximal heart rate. Love my recovery runs because they get me ready for my tough workouts during the week.

Friday 9/13/13: Rest

Saturday 9/14/13: 12 Medium Long Run through my neighborhood. MLR’s are done at about 10-20% slower than goal marathon pace. This was a great start for my long runs. Solid effort. Ran the second half of this at a 9 min pace. Recovery drink was one Isalean Pro chocolate shake and 1 Isalean chocolate shake. Yup I doubled up... :)

So all in all I had an exciting week of training and I feel good!! How about you? How’s your training going so far and what’s your next race??


This is TY signing off. As always allow the Universe to work in your favor and be blessed…

No comments :

Post a Comment